ACTING DIRECTOR: CLLR PETRUS PHETLHE
CORE FUNCTION: HOUSING, LAND ADMINISTRATION, TOWN PLANNING, BUILDING CONTROL, URBAN RENEWAL AND INFORMAL SETTLEMENTS
SECRETARY: ITUMELENG MASENYA
TELEPHONE: 012 318 9230
Spatial Planning and Land use Management
The division promotes and guide Spatial Planning and Land Use Management to ensure sustainable Human Settlements.
• Copies of Town Planning Schemes
• Draft SDF
• Draft Precinct Plans
• Tariffs of Land Use Applications
URBAN RENEWAL AND INFORMAL SETTLEMENTS – MR JOHNNY MOTSOSI
• Management, controlling and eradication of the informal settlements
• The following documentation is available on the website: Draft Madibeng Informal Settlement Strategy and Policy.
• Comprehensive planning of inner city revitalization
• Harmonization of planning in the excluded areas either by design or decline
• Co-ordination of the Urban renewal Strategy
BUILDING ONTROL MR NEO PULE
• Building Control regulates the construction of buildings
• Ensuring they meet the standards set out in the Building Regulations
• They make sure that buildings are structurally sound, safe in the event of fire, have adequate drainage, ventilation and toilet facilities, are accessible for disabled persons and are energy efficient to heat and light.
• The Building Regulations are supported by technical documents that set out the minimum acceptable standards to which buildings should be constructed
• Building control ensure these standards are met, by approved drawings and calculations as well as inspecting work on-site
• All building work carried out should meet current building codes and regulation requirements. Building Control Division ensures that buildings are designed and constructed in accordance with the Building Regulations and associated legislation [National Building Regulations and Building Standards Act (Act 103 of 1977)].
In the day to day working of the Building Control Division two of the main aspects of our work include:
• Inspection of work on site
The work will be checked by qualified Building Inspector and Private Structural Engineers at regular stages. They will tell you what they need to see and you must inform us when that stage is reached.
• Checking plans for new building work
Our qualified Building Plan Examiners will ensure that plans comply with the Building Regulations. You will therefore have the security of knowing that, if your builder follows the plans, then Building work should also comply.
Our performance standards building control division will;
• Acknowledge an application within 7 days of deposit
• Issue a plan check letter on full plans applications within 31 days
• Issue a completion certificate/occupation certificate within 7 days of the completion date
• Inspect statutory site work within 1 working day of notification
• Attend dangerous structures within 3 hours of notification.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS IF BUILDING
• Encourage innovation to produce energy efficient and sustainable buildings
• Educate and inform building professionals, contractors and trades people
• Ensure sports ground and public venues are safe for crowds
• Safeguard the investments of individuals and companies
• Enhance access for disabled, sick, young and old people
• Protect the community from dangerous structures.
HOUSING AND LAND ADMINISTRATION: MANAGER – SAMUEL MKHABELA
• Development of Policies:
• Land alienation policy
• Municipal rental housing policy
• Housing sector plan
• Co-ordination of Housing Developments
• Facilitation of rental housing dispute/complaints recorded by private owners and tenants
• Municipal land alienation
• Facilitate land acquisition for the municipality
• Facilitate tenure upgrading through formalization of rural areas
• Co-ordinate registration of servitudes, removal of restrictive conditions form title deeds
• Registration of title deeds on municipal land to respective beneficiaries